If you are familiar with cricket then you must have noticed that Japanese automobile manufacturing giants, Nissan were the global partner of the recently concluded ICC T20 World Cup. The car that was advertised as the most premium car in their advertisements was none other than this 2017 Nissan GT-R.
Speaking practically, designed by Shiro Nakamura, Nissan GT-R is absolutely heart and soul of its company. Introduced way back in 2007, this car was preceded by none other than Nissan Skyline GT-R. Both these cars had been stars in many movies and no wonder they create quite a buzz in the limelight lit celebrity world. In words of her designer, Shiro Nakamura, “Nissan GT-R is not simply a copy of European Sports car; it reflects Japanese culture.”
Nissan GT-R features very best of Nissan. It is built on the Nissan PM Platform or Nissan Premium Midship Platform. This platform is an evolution of the pre-existing Front Midship Platform which came to the front in 2001 Skyline (V35). It is similar in construction to racing car platforms which are assembled on a hybrid uni body ultra-low tolerance jigs. Aluminum is widely used for this platform as the outer door skin; trunk and hood are made from it. Die cast aluminum has been used for front shocks and inner door construction. Additional rigidity and precision is granted on outer body panels by multi- strike coining process.
However, if you are looking for advanced power check out upcoming 2018 Nissan GT-R R36.
This new supercar, 2017 Nissan GT-R has stunning looks no doubt. But added to that, next level engineering has been put on display by the excellent manipulation of aerodynamic detailing all over this car’s body. Nissan claims to have every millimeter of the body of 2017 GT-R tested for aerodynamic compatibility which has brought in a lot of benefits.
- Aerodynamics may be bending the winds, but they definitely have a law of their own. With 2017 GT-R, one can just be able to bend those laws according to their needs. In order to lend support to this ability, front end has been completely redesigned with a sleeker nose and grille. This enables the air to be directed to flow around the front wheel chambers, thus helping to reduce air drag coefficient.
- Side sills on the windows of this car has been given a remodeled shape which enables it to minimize air flow underneath the body of this car which could have resulted in increased drag coefficient.
- Each and every aspect of new Nissan GT-R was scrutinized. This led to the engineers discovering an energy loss of 1% being caused due to a vortex of swirling air. In order to solve this problem, the engineers ended up with a cleaner design of the C pillar, which in turn gave the car a better overall look.
As 2017 Nissan GT-R will be manufactured in japan and then shipped to different parts of the world, it becomes absolutely necessary that its first line of defense against the elements, that is, its paint becomes one of the best paint jobs in the world. For this, it gets a six stage painting procedure. The chassis gets two coats of clear paint and then a chip resistant paint job done on it. It is then led to another 8 stage painting procedure where the body gets the iconic Super Silver shade of metallic paint and three layers of clear coating and a hand job to make sure everything is just fine.
Interior Design – Art Meets Engineering:
The interior design of the cabin of 2017 Nissan GT-R is proudly hand made. Yes, this car maker takes a pride in announcing that the interior design of its most premium car is absolutely made by hand and that also serves a great line for business. Materials used have also been carefully selected which has b=enhanced its performance inside.
Detailing is the most prominent detail inside this car. The dash board is covered up in a single piece of original leather hide which is too much costly. Upholstery has been made from top quality semi aniline leather which is soft and supple. Aluminum has been used in the switch gear so that the driver feels the premium rush every time he flicks the switch. Air vents too exude a quality appearance hard to forget.
Power Overview of 2017 Nissan GT-R
Super cars and their superb engines are perhaps the best matches ever. 2017 Nissan GT-R is powered by a 3.8L V6 unit with twin turbochargers. This engine is mounted up in front which offers much more stability to the car. This heavy weight has a power production capacity of 545 HP which is a huge amount. But if you are still unsatisfied, go for the NISMO variant with 600 HP. The specifications of this engine are:
- Acceleration: 0-60mph in 2.9 sec.
- Mileage: 16/23mpg on city/highway.
- Top Speed: 191mph.
- HP/Torque: 545 or 600 HP/467 lb-ft.
Price and Competition:
Priced within $103,365 – $151,585, 2017 Nissan GT-R will release in summer of 2016 with competitors like:
- Porsche 911
- Audi R8
- Acura NSX
- Jaguar F-Type
- Aston Martin Vantage
More about Nissan vehicles read at: http://www.populartechcars.com/